Friday, January 8, 2010

Super Thank you!

Oh yes, 2009 is over and we’re now heading for another astounding year! Yeah right, it was an amazing year for me and I haven’t had a time yet to say thank you for all the blessings I had for the past year.

Last Wednesday I attended the first Mid-week Encounter with God (MEG) in our church. It somehow gave me time to reflect on how God has moved in my life and how blessed I was. Shy enough, I wasn’t able to share to the group how grateful I am for all the blessings I had for the past year. And so I decided to write it here in my blog. Come and join me as I remember the fruitful year of 2009.

2009 was a year of servanthood for me and I’m so grateful on how God used me in His ministries.

I thank God for using me in children’s ministry that drew me closer to Him and discipling the next generations. As a teacher, I learned a lot from the kids and that our faith should be like theirs – so genuine and humble. (so ironic, isn't it?)





I praise God for the opportunity that He has given me to be an ambassadress for Christ to a town that is totally far-off to me. Serving the people of Kansurok, Marinduque opened my eyes to what is truly essential in life – having God in your heart is more than enough! The contentment and peace I had because of Jesus was one of the greatest realizations I had in this mission trip.



I’m also grateful for the chance I had to be with the Muslim kids in General Santos for the sake of Isa Almasi (Jesus Christ). Giving them free oral and dental seminar and some hygiene kit made them smile in spite of poverty. This trip gave me hope that all will be united for the glory of our God.

There’s good in everything and even in calamity we can see the love of God. We’re blessed that God spared my family from the wrath of Ondoy. And I’m thankful that God used me to be a blessing to the typhoon victims by serving and praying for them through Sagip Kapamilya Volunteer program.

Praise God for the wisdom and strength that He has given me as I finished the Kairos: World Mission Course. This course revealed another character of our Lord – the Bible is not just about God’s love but also a tool for us to love our Father perfectly.

My tour in Coron, Palawan was God’s Christmas gift for me, and I’m more than thankful for that! Enjoying His wonderful creation, it was really awesome! He is indeed the God of wonders!

But my duty for the year is not yet done as He commissioned me to serve the people of Pasuquin, Ilocos Norte. It was a great way to end the 2009. Super thank you Lord!

All in all, it was an overwhelming and blessed year for me. And I’m looking forward for another set of surprises God has prepared for me! :)

To God be the glory!

No comments: